Network Engineer – L2
Position Requirements Essential :
• Hands on troubleshooting experience in Enterprise LAN and WAN environment.
• Technical expertise with routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP) and switching (VLAN, Trunking, Dot1x, various flavors of STP) protocols
• Experience with Alactel Lucent Routers, Dell Switching Fabric
• Preferred experience with Infoblox DDI Platform troubleshooting
• Troubleshooting experience on SDWAN, WAN Optimizer and WLAN
• Good knowledge of security technologies understanding on IPsec, VPNs, GRE, NAT/PAT over varied platforms
• Assist with implementation and change controls
• Assist with proof of concepts (POC) and in-depth testing to validate design scenarios
• Interface to OEM TAC and internal development teams and the customer
• Ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot IP and wireless networks, which includes enterprise IP networking, IP network security, authentication, certificates, remote access, network access controls, and IP network management.
• Experience in trouble isolation and remediation at layers 1-4 (IP, MAC, RF, and some application level)..
• Working experience / Know how on latest technology areas like SD-WAN, and Cloud-Wi-Fi
• Attending key partner events and training sessions. Continued training to maintain expertise.
• Ability to understand the client’s business objectives and technical needs.
• Ability to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) defined with clients Preferred:
• Graduate in any stream with 6+ years of experience supporting enterprise LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi infrastructures
• In depth knowledge of troubleshooting network issues with various routing protocols
• Familiar with Spanning Tree Protocol, VLANS and Inter-VLAN routing,
• Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent written skills and the ability to do related documentation and ticket tracking of opportunities/meeting follow up.
• Maintain professional relationships with teammates, partners and clients.
• Should have excellent communication and documentation skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and experience of supervising others Competences Functional:
• Remote management and monitoring of Network Operations
• 24*7 NOC support to Large Global clients that have a distributed LAN, WAN setup
• Level 2 and Level 3 support for Incident Management / ticket resolution
• Creation of MOP/SOP and planning Change management process
• Performance tuning of network devices and creation of SOP
• Work with Telecommunication Service Providers to resolve escalated circuit problems to resolution
• Planning and Perform upgrade of network and security devices
• Work with Hardware/Software Vendors to resolve problems
• Act as an SME SPOC for certain Network products
• Provide technical inputs for weekly/monthly customer service review reports Technical:
• ITIL Certification preferred
• CCNA/JNCDA/ACCP – SD-WAN/WLAN (Preferred)
• CCNP/JNCIP – Cloud/DC/Ent ,APE, ACE, ITIL (Desired)
• Qualification/s: BE/ B.Tech /B.Sc. or equivalent
Job Category: Technical
Job Type: Full time
Job Location: Noida/Pune
Experience: 05 to 07 years